Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 13, 2009

bpod

The last picture features a very cold young lady, who modeled for the photographers in the group, against the beautiful sky and silhouetted landscape. Again, the shutter was open for a long time (30 seconds) to capture the light in the sky, and during that time a quick burst of bright light was flashed on the model to make her more visible. The light reflected some cool colors in the outfit she was wearing. I thought that the colors, lines, and shopes of the model were very space-age-like and fit well with the scene. She's surrounded by various colored, martian-like rays of light rising up from a distant plant in the desert. The variety of colors produced by the lights is beautiful, and the display on the mountains is breathtaking.

I loved freezing out in the middle of the desert under that clear, beautiful sky. I felt excitement, solitude and peace. The majesty of the stars demand contemplation of their vast home and teh Almighty that built it. But, askide from the tranquility of the night, the photographic techniques I got to play with made it beyond fun. After waiting for my camera to take the picture and display the captured image on the screen, I felt a rush of excitement!

It was thrilling to be able to look at the world and teh sky, the lights and the colors, in a way I never would have been able to if I had simply looked up with my eyes. I loved having a camera and I loved teh technique we played with. The effect was breathtaking. The cosmos were vast and beautiful. I felt small but connected. It was a privilege to have a thing that letme to do that. It was an experience that couldn't have been any better unless my wife had been there with me (on a warmer night of course, she doesn't like the cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment