Monday, November 16, 2009

November

bpod

My wife, speaking volumes with the expression on her face, as she prepares to instruct a photography tutorial tomorrow. Nothing uncommon about this picture...rather than the best POD, it should be the best subject of the year!
I wanted to create two points of interest in this picture by including the book in the foreground, and in front of my wife's face. But to avoid overpowering everything else in the composition, I wanted to make my wife's expression a little more subtle. I did so by blurring out her face and bringing the book into sharp focus by widening the aperture. This makes the picture a little more interesting because it makes your eye scan the picture and look at the intended objects.
As an afterthought I decided to desaturate the color in my wife's face to accentuate this effect, while keeping the vibrant colored green label on the manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment