Saturday, November 14, 2009

November 13, 2009

bpod

The second picture is the best. The landscaped view is deceiving. As I mentioned, the area was completely dark. The reason the landscape is visible is because of the long exposrue time and a very high ISO. I realize that it is not the cleansest picture. If you look closely, it appears grainy. We call that "noise". That's because the ISO is so high. But, my lens wasn't the best for really low light situations, so I cranked up the ISO and sacrificed som grainyness to gain the beauty of the landscape all lit up. My favorite though is, again, the faint cloud of stars taht you see in the middle, which is the Milky Way. The brightest point in the middle of the photog is a verty dim light emanating from Wendover (a good distance to the West). The long streaks of semi-white and red are teh cars driving along I-80. I thought the Wendover lights were espeically interesting how they highlighted some fo the clouds in the sky and made a glowing, space-like effect that went along perfectly with the cosmos theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment