Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28, 2009

bpod

What can I say...they're cute kids! You can't lose with cute kids in Liberty Park no matter what time of the year. The privilege of getting to play with kids and getting to know people makes photography fun.

This was the best of the few good shots I got of the kids (I think I've explained why that is in an earlier post). To enhance the mood of the scene, I created a layer mask copy of the image in Photoshop, applied a Gaussian blur, faded the blur, sharpened the key parts of the picture and then erased the blurred layer, exposing the natural facial features on the children and merged the images. It's trendy. I like it...as long as it's used correctly and not overused. It's really late right now, so let me know if you need a detailed explanation. The result is a soft and cute picture that matches the children, and re-creates the mystical feeling of the park. The sharpened faces create the permanent focus of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment